This year, celebrate the traveler in your life by considering giving them one of these nine gifts, which are sure to make anyone who loves travel very happy!
Make sure to check out the additional gift ideas on each page by travel bloggers around the world!
Disclosure: Please note that this post contains affiliate links (denoted by an asterisk*), which cost you nothing, but help keep this site running.
One great resource that the traveler in your life would appreciate is a travel journal. Not only are travel journals good for writing down notes about a destination, but they can also serve as a place to record expenses, or write down words in another language. Personally, I carry a journal with me on all of my trips and I have found them to be invaluable.
A great place to find unique travel journals is on Etsy, a marketplace where people around the world connect to make, sell and buy unique goods. Some of my personal favorite travel journals on Etsy are:
- Travel Journal & Pencil Set* ($8.00) – This pocket sized hand-drawn journal was handcrafted in New York and has been and reproduced with high quality pigment inks on eco friendly speckled and textured recycled card stock.
- Travel Sketchbook & Brown Leather Art Journal* ($89.00) – This awesome hand-made leather journal comes with a removable strap so you can wear it around your body and pockets inside of it so you can hold onto small items.
|If you are looking for other handmade items or unique gift, consider checking out the Etsy Gift Guide for Travel Lovers by Jen at The Trusted Travellers.|
Hire A Personal Photographer
As a solo traveler, one thing that I wish that I could have with me during my travels is a personal photographer. Last year I found out about a great company called Flytographer*, the world’s first site to help travelers easily book a professional photographer in over 70 cities around the world for a fun, candid photo shoot.
|If you are looking for unique and original gift ideas for the traveler in your life, check out this list of 20 Original and Fabulous Christmas Gifts for Travelers by Mar of Once in a Lifetime Journey.|
The Gift of Travel
One of the best gifts that you can give to any traveler is the gift of more travel. A great website for booking experiential trips for the traveler in your life is Groupon. Groupon offers a number of different trip ideas such as:
- Romantic Getaways* – If you know couples that love to travel but do not get to do it that often, this would be the perfect gift.
- All-Inclusive Vacations* – Book a trip for the traveler in your life where everything is taken care of and all they have to do is show up.
- Outdoor and Adventure* – Does your traveler love outdoor activities? Groupon has great getaways for the adventurous traveler in your life.
|If you are looking for additional ideas for the adventurous traveler in your life, check out this Ultimate List of Gifts for Backpackers by Will at the Broke Backer and this Adventure Gift Guide by Michelle at Anywhere at Home.|
For Him: Grooming Kit
A great gift to give the male traveler in your life is a grooming kit. If you are looking for a nice grooming kit for the man in your life, Etsy has all of your gift needs covered. Here are some of my favorite kits from Etsy:
- Burds of Paradise Men’s Grooming Kit* ($26.67) – This vegan-friendly kit contains a shaving brush, beard oil, shaving soap, and soap slices to keep your man well-groomed and feeling clean.
- Men’s Grooming Kit* ($50.35) – This vintage style grooming kit that was made in England contains:a metal razor, a nail clipper, a plastic comb, a glass mirror, plastic containers, and a tooth Brush.
|If you are looking for more gift ideas for the man in your life, check out this great list of Top 10 last minute luxury travel gifts for him this Christmas by Paul of A Luxury Travel Blog.|
For Her: Coordinate Jewelry
Coordinate jewelry is a piece of jewelry that has coordinates stamped into it. A great gift for the female traveler in your life would be coordinates of a place they have lived, to help them remember home when they travel, or a place that they have traveled to, to help them remember the special moments that they had on the road. Etsy sells a number of great pieces of coordinate jewelry including:
- Brass Cuff Coordinate Bracelet* ($24.00) – This handmade adjustable brass bracelet has hand-stamped coordinates that can be customized any way you would like.
- Skinny Coordinates Bar Necklace* ($36.00) – This necklace [similar to the one pictured above] is a beautiful reminder of places your traveler has been. It comes in three colors: silver, 18K gold-filled, and rose gold filled.
- Dainty Coordinates Ring* ($42.00) – This beautiful ring can be engraved with coordinates on the inside and the outside and comes in silver, 18K gold, and rose gold.
|If you are looking for more gift ideas for the woman in your life, check out the Top 10 last minute luxury travel gifts for her this Christmas by Paul of A Luxury Travel Blog and the Gift Guide for Traveling Women by Brenda at Dish Our Town.|
For The Mini-Traveler: Multicultural Books
Books are a great tool for children to use to learn about the world around them. Books are a great learning tool also for helping to learn new words, understanding cultural norms, and building comprehension.
Some great books for your little traveler include:
- Richard Scarry’s Busy, Busy World* (Ages 3-5)
- The Lonely Planet Kids Travel Book: Mind-Blowing Stuff on Every Country in the World* (Ages 8+)
- Children Just Like Me: A Unique Celebration of Children Around the World* (Grades 3-6)
|If you are looking for additional gifts ideas for the young traveler in your life, check out this Top 11 Gift Ideas for Kids by Erin and Josh at Travel with Bender.|
For The Photographer: Compact Camera
A camera is the perfect gift to give a traveler to help them to capture all of those special moments during their trip.
I currently shoot with three cameras, a mirrorless Fujifilm X-E1*[pictured above], a Canon PowerShot S95*, and a GoPro HERO3+*. Each of these cameras serves a different function: my Fujifilm captures all of my beautiful and scenic shots (do you remember the sunsets in Santorini?), my S95 is excellent for food photography or just carrying around when I go out, and my GoPro is great for capturing video (yup, I used it for those beautiful scenes I captured in Bermuda).
If you are looking for a great camera but you are not sure where to start, National Geographic put together a great list of Top 10 Compact Cameras for Travelers. Some of my favorites on their list include the:
|If you are looking for additional electronic gifts ideas for the traveler in your life, check out this list of Top 15 Christmas Travel Gift Ideas For Adults by Erin and Josh at Travel with Bender;|
A Travelista scented candle is the perfect gift for a travel lover and will fill their home with scents from various destinations around the world. Inspired by the travels of Travelista Teri, the Travelista Candles create a sensory experience that could take people on a journey to destinations such as Cape Town, Bali, and Rio de Janeiro.
Personally, one of my favorite scents from the Travelista Candle line is the Cape Town candle, which is comprised of three beautiful scents: bergamot, freesia, and tea rose. The scents of the candle remind me of my trip to the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens in Cape Town, South Africa.
The eco-friendly 100% soy wax Travelista Candles start at $12.00 and are available for purchase on the Harlem Candle Company website.
Watch the video below to learn about Teri’s Travelista Candles!
For The Foodie: Travel Subscription Box
Your food + traveling loving friend will certainly love you forever if you buy them a food box subscription by the company Try The World. In November I had the pleasure of reviewing their Argentina Try The World Box and I had an amazing time eating all of the delicious treats inside and learning a little bit about Argentinian culture in their Culture Guide.
Try the world currently offers specially curated food subscription boxes from a number of countries including Argentina, Spain, Brazil, France, Italy, Japan, and Morocco.
More Gift Ideas for Your Traveler …
Holiday Travel Gift Guide (The Sophisticated Life)
Top 10 Christmas Gifts for Wanderlusters (The Aussie Flashpacker)
Planet Blaster 2014 Travel Holiday Gift Guide (The Planet Blaster)
20 Original and Fabulous Gifts for Travelers (Once in a Lifetime Journey)
Best Gifts for Travelers That You Will Be Thanked For (Chronic Wanderlust)
10 New Tried & Tested Tempting Travel Gifts (Two Scots Abroad)
10 Top Cruise Gadgets for 2015: Technology Edition (Eat Sleep Cruise)
Travel Accessories I Have Found Most Useful (Travel Diaries)
The Pack Me To 2014 Holiday Gift Guide For Travelers (Pack Me To)
Gifts for People Who Travel (Just A Pack)
10 Beast Gifts for Travelers (Solitary Wanderer)
5 Gifts for the Traveler in Your Life (Holly Dayz)
15 Perfect Gifts for World Travelers (Savored Journeys)
2015 HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY!
This year, CulturalXplorer.com is partnering with Travelista Teri and Try The World to provide some amazing prizes to one lucky winner!
The first prize are three scented candles by Travelista Teri. The candles have scents from Martinique, Bali, and Marrakesh.
Here is a little bit of information about each candle:
- This “Martinique” candle, made exclusively by The Harlem Candle Company, will add touches of beramot, coastal flowers, and citrus to your home. The 4 oz travel size “Martinique” soy candle will burn for up to 20 hours.
- This Travelista “Bali” candle, made exclusively by The Harlem Candle Company, will add touches of patchouli, ylang ylang, sweet orange, and jasmine to your home. The 4 oz size “Bali” soy candle will burn for up to 20 hours.
- Imagine wandering through the fresh flower and exotic shops found in the Marrakesh souk. With it’s notes of Moroccan Jasmine, Spanish bergamot, ylang ylang, and a hint of patchouli, the MARRAKESH Candle will remind you of the elegant and vibrant essence of this captivating Moroccan city.
The second prize is the Special Edition Holiday Box from Try the World. This holiday box, which was curated by food and wine expert David Rosengarten, includes 8 holiday foods from eight countries around the world including:
- Chocolate Truffles from Canada
- Mixed Berries from Finland
- Ruby-Red Restorative Tea from the United Kingdom
- Gingersnaps from Sweden
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil from Israel
- Panettone Bread from Italy
- Açai Dessert Sauce from Brazil
- Cookies from Morroco
Additionally, the box also comes with a Culture Guide that tells you a little bit about each product’s origins, gives you recipes to create some delicious holiday treats with your products, and provides a special playlist of holiday songs.
I know I personally cannot wait to continue using the products in my holiday box this Christmas season!
To enter, complete the steps below:
Disclosure: Try The World and Travelista Teri provided these wonderful gifts for one lucky reader. I love both of these products and all opinions about the products are my own.